A new challenger has entered the ring !
The Godot Engine (under MIT License) @ http://www.godotengine.org
It seems really promising :
- Can code in C++ and/or GDscript (look like an optimized python with constant, IntArray, FloatArray, Vector2, Vector3 and so on)
- A lot of components (color-picker, button, panel an such)
- Export to Android, iOS, Mac, PC, Linux, HTML5
- 30 Mb, no installer needed; Open Source
- I can’t really put my finger on it but it simply look fun to use (like Flash used to be in the good old days 😉 )
If anybody want to investigate this, please tell me.
I know I am ! 😀
Live & Learn
Looks great, I downloaded it as soon as I read the news on BN 🙂
Tested (5 minutes runs), seems a bit odd -> didn’t found the way to edit internally the xml files of the tetris demo, assets are not “previewable” internally either.
But indeed, great idea, i’m lobbying at school to replace flash with it!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.