It’s time to meet again in a good pub! 🙂
Most likely, it will be the last meeting of 2013 and the first anniversary party of the Bbug !
For the first time, we’ll try something a bit different ;
- First, anyone who want to meet early (most likely at Constant or at the BXL Hackerspace, to be decided later) is welcome from 13:00 till 18h30. We’ll use this time to try out some ‘proof of concept’ or answering someone question for example. There’s no real need to tell us whether or not you’ll come. If you have an idea or a request, please tell us and feel free to join us.
- Secondly, we’ll meet in a pub at 19:00 to discus the future of the Bbug, share a good laugh and some beer. Location will be the ‘Poechenelle kelder’ as usual
On the agenda :
- 6 month planning of 2014 and new activities proposal
- How to improve our visibility ?
Ideas and comment are always welcome. New members, don’t be shy 😉
Let’s meet on Saturday the 30rd of November.
Live & Learn
Following the trend we started to improve the visibility of our workshop, we decided once for all the agenda for the first half of 2014. Basicaly, we’ll propose each year training in February, April, End of June, End of August, October and early in December. Final dates will be given before the end of this year in another post.
- February – Initiation to Python in Blender (by me and maybe @steph)
- April – Blender & 3D Printing (by @quenting)
- June – Compositing and Lighting – 1 of 2 (by @vincentg)
The IRL meetings will be held the other 6 month. Starting from now, it will always be a full day workshop (where each contribute, show, ask and try out) followed by a IRL Meeting. Here’s what we have in mind :
- January – Workshop on 3D Sculpting
- March – Open Pipeline
- May – Trying out the BGE
Remember, the Bbug is a community that will grow with the involvement of its members, Don’t be afraid to give new ideas, offer a training, come just to see what it’s like and so on. We gladly welcome new ideas. Nothing is set in stones.
Also, we’ll start printing some flyers (and a few stickers just for fun) to increase our visibility in a few months. While right now all Bbug members are professionals or at least using Blender for some paid work, we decided to widen our group to any person interested in FLOSS & Blender regardless of their skill level.
Live & Learn
I like the new IRL combined with a workshop before. That’s what we did last time a few hours to share and learn new stuff we know. I see it as an experimentation time where we can do things to try and learn no matter the level and the skill.
Hope to see more and more people.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.