I did a little addon that fill some lack in camera/view managing in Blender.
3D View / Tools
– Look through selected : make any object to a local camera in the active view. Very usefull to go inside a light and move it like a camera to be very precise. It lets the render camera set.
– Look through render : view inside the render camera, even if a local camera/view is active.
– Selected to render camera : it sets the active object to the active camera for rendering, keeping all the 3d view with their own local views (also available in Scene panel)
If you have any other ideas, feel free to propose and I can try to add it :- )
3 news buttons:
– Lock to view : same as Lock Camera to View in the Properties panel but set before entering to the local camera with the script
– Render layers to view : Set visible layers from render visible layers.
– View to render layers : Set visible layers to render visible layers.
Congratulation Vincent! every (ex-)maya user will appreciate the “look through selected”.
in another domain, i’m searching for an addon for boxmodeling.
Do you think that it would be possible to code something like a “geometry inspector”, that diagnose an object % to mesh? Non-manifold, double vertex, edges or faces, non-quad, surface interruption, wasted UV , …
giving a statistic feed-back and colorizing insane geometry parts.
I often have some students that uses “shift D” in edit mode (by ex.), lives extrusion on place, etc… such an information should help to avoid bad practice and help them to repair meshes by themself.
When corrections are automated, like in maya’s cleanup, it often give disappointing issues.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.